What should I be careful about accidental ingestion of small batteries and parts?

Because babies and children are so curious that they put anything in their mouths. Most of accidental ingestion occurs among babies and children up to age three, and especially babies under a year old account for a large percentage.

Keep any items hazardous for babies and children out of their reach.

Care should be taken to prevent a baby or a child from accidentally swallowing small watch/clock batteries (button type, coin type, size RO3, size R1, etc.) and clock accessories (hangers, screws, etc.). Keep the batteries and accessories out of their reach.

If a baby or a child swallows a battery or accessory, immediately consult your physician.

Button- and coin-type batteries are very dangerous and time-critical. Read "If a baby or a child accidentally swallowed small batteries" and take prompt action.